Chromoly Pitman Arm Nut, 2005+ Ford SuperdutyOne Up Offroad
#101343 - OUO Chromoly Pitman Arm Nut
- OUO Pitman Arm Nut
- M30-1.5 x .688 Thick Chromoly
- Black Nitride Plated - High Quality
- Nut is .200" thicker than stock allowing more threads to engage, which lets you tighten it to a higher torque.
- Fits 2005-2007 Ford Superduty F250 F350 F450 F550
- Fits 2008-2010 Ford Superduty F250 F350 F450 F550
- Fits 2011-2016 Ford Superduty F250 F350 F450 F550
- Fits 2017-2019 Ford Superduty F250 F350 F450 F550
- Fits 2020+ Ford Superduty.
- Uses 2" Hex Socket
- This nut can be re-used
- Torque to 500lbs with Red Loctite 271
As the pitman arm moves, the stock nut is liable to loosen and move up the taper, as the arm moves up the taper but nut will loosn and back off of its threads. The narrow stock nut does not
The problem is, the pitman arm climbs the tapered splines and the nut gets loose from the arm moving up the taper, not usually the nut backing off if it was torqued to 400 ft lbs.
This upgrade will use all of the threads on the shaft with a surfaced hardened chromoly nut to go to 500 ft lbs instead of 400 ft lbs.
The shaft is good to over 1000 ft lbs but the factory nut metal and width is only good for 400 ft lbs before it pulls the threads out of the nut.
With stock arms and nuts on stock trucks, we see loose pitman arm nuts causing death wobble all the time due to the arm climbing the tapered spline.
This product only ships via USPS when purchased alone, if UPS is needed let us know.
- Main Category:
- Main Category:
- Front Suspension Components
- Product Type:
- Steady Track Components
- 2005-2022 F250 | F350 | F450 | F550
Shipping costs are determined by UPS upon checkout. Small items/orders may be changed to ship via USPS at a lower shipping rate. Extra large orders may ship via LTL. Shipping cost on your order may be lowered based on actual shipping cost after your order has been processed but before your card is charged. We appreciate your patience.